Saturday, March 17, 2012

On This Day

On this day there are hot foreheads.

And there are Disney movies playing one after the other.

On this day throats are scratchy and babyhood blankies litter the couches. 

Cheeks are pink and eyes droop sad. 

I am thankful for dye-free children's Tylenol on this day. 

I pull close too-warm bodies with damp heads and rub aching backs. 

On this day thunder mumbles in the far away sky And I am happy to be the mother on this day. 




 ***

Let me just tell you how good it feels to be back in this space of creativity.
Can you do me a favor? If you're still reading (my blog has been painfully lackluster these past months) please drop me a quick comment. Just a "hello" will do.
I want to take a bit of an inventory of the place.

 And...have you had the flu yet this year? This thing's not playing around!

16 comments:

Katie Allegretti said...

Hello! Glad you're back at it. :) Loyal follower, checking in.

Gina Bea said...

Hello! Still here too.

Ashley said...

Thanks, girls!!

Lacy said...

Hi! Hope your kiddos feel better soon!! Praying:)

Sarah said...

:)

Alicia Marie said...

Battling infections here...know how you are feeling...still reading...

Lyndee said...

Flu succeth. I am praying for your little family. Mommy handles it all. Blessings. Hope you get the blog bug more often.

yvette said...

Hope you feel better soon :-)

Burkinator said...

Howdy...

Jamie Willow said...

We just got done with a month+ of cough/cold/misery. I'm ready for spring and health.

I hope you all get well quick.

Andrea said...

Always here! Hope you're family is feeling better quick! It's so fun when you're all sick!

Glad to have you back in this blogosphere!

Mrs. D said...

I'm here! So glad you blogged ... I've been missing your posts but understand how somethings need to be placed on the back burner for a bit! Praying you all get well soon ... <3

[not the] Best Blog Ever said...

Still here - glad you're back. Hope the kiddos are feeling better!

Anonymous said...

still checking your blog :)

maegan said...

hello!

glad your're back

Anonymous said...

Always...m