Friday, October 7, 2011

How Fall Should Be


I'm going to join the chorus and say, "Fall is my favorite season."
I've been loving all of the pumpkin-spice-latte and boot-wearing and leaf-crunching Fall rhapsodies clogging up my twitter feed.
I give a hearty "amen" to every single one.
{Although, I did read this funny blog post...but I have a feeling she's in the minority.}
So...with no further ado, I give you my own tribute to Fall...
The {second} most wonderful time of the year.
{Christmas still holds down the #1 spot in my heart.}


Blue skies and a sun-colored Chevy bound for the other side of the river.

Rosy cheeks and a ferry ride.
Cluttered counters and a supper made entirely of crusty french bread and fresh apple butter.



A weekend afternoon spent at the apple orchard breaking in my new shoes.

Realizing...again...how truly happy the color orange can be.

Reaching into the treetops to pluck the perfect specimen.



The perfect apple pickin' basket.
{Evie loves her Blessing Basket; a perfect Christmas gift.}
The sweetest yellow, leather shoes and stripey leggings.


Discovering that corn comes in browns, eggplant, orange and red.




A really juicy bite.

Colors so vibrant you could have sworn they were paints on a canvas.



Finding that apples can make quite nice stand-ins for soccer balls.

Making the time to just be with them...no homework, no concerns.
Just babies and apples.


To hear more of me waxing poetic about the glories of Autumn, see these past posts:




 

3 comments:

Lyndee said...

I miss you all. Fall is my fav.

Lucy said...

Babies and apples! That sounds like a pretty good day. You look gorgeous in these pics by the way! Love that loose plait.

I don't know if it is just me, and everyone else in England is in on it, but over here we don't seem to eat pumpkin much. I think I'm going to have to try and introduce it a bit more. We had a last minute Indian summer where parts of the UK were 37 centigrade at the end of September..but now they are saying expect -20 before too long. So I really want to enjoy fall while I can - I have actually started calling it that half the time because of American blogs!!

Anonymous said...

Cute post and great pics of the cutest family!
For the record.....I would love a blow up of your profile pic,you and Brit and the one of e&b in the apple tree.
So good, all of them! Marm