Saturday, August 6, 2011

Family Movie Night

I've got the feature for your next family movie night.
{Do you do this? If you don't, start!}
We do it about once a month - gather the blankies, the pillows, bowls of popcorn bigger than our heads, a homemade sweet something-or-other and settle in for a little family Q.T.

Our most recent movie night made me so excited.
Netflix delivered our chosen flick early in the week and I could barely wait until the weekend to share it with the kids.
One of my family's favorites growing up, Mr. B's favorite...
destined to be our kid's favorite.
It didn't disappoint.
Behold, the perfect family movie night feature:


Disney's old-timer,
The Swiss Family Robinson

Shipwreck, pirates, family values, animals and a tree-house that's to-die-for.

I wanna live here mmkay? Mmkay.

My kid's were rapt.
Alternately giggling, covering their eyes and shouting commands as to how best defeat the pirates.


This is one you don't have to worry about bleeping out the lone curse word you forgot about.
{Another of our movie nights featured The Sandlot...hum. I don't remember it being so risque.
Flaunting booties, "sh--" and too many, "shut-up"s and "you idiot"s to count.
Not my favorite.}
This one is completely family friendly.
Even for my "sheltered" brood.

And you have no idea how many snake wrestling matches and pirate invasions have been happening at our house since we first watched...

4 comments:

Saundra said...

One of our old favs was PollyAnna and the those other old Disney's with Haley Mills and the old gang of musketeers. I think we'll have to do SFW, it's been so long I don't remember much about it.

Bethany Patrice said...

We watched "The Princess Bride" for our last family movie. They looooved it!

____________ said...

good ol' Ernst!

Rachel said...

I'll have to put Swiss Family on our library list. I don't think I have seen it since I was a kid. I just watched Sandlot (love that movie) not too long ago, forgot all about the swimming pool scene being that risque.

We like getting the old Shirley Temple movies from the library. The kids really like Little Princess.