Sunday, July 31, 2011

Recipe of the Month - Baked Peach Oatmeal


Baked Peach Oatmeal

3/4 cup oil
1/2 cup flax seed meal
1 cup sugar
4 eggs
6 cups oatmeal
2 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoon salt 
2 cups milk
2 teaspoon vanilla
2 large peaches, sliced and skinned
(or one large can of peaches, drained)

Mix oil, flax meal, sugar and eggs in large bowl.
Add oatmeal, baking powder, salt, milk and vanilla.
Add most of the fruit, mixing gently - reserve some fruit for the top of the oatmeal.
Pour into a greased 9x13 (or equivalent) baking dish.
Arrange reserved fruit on top.
Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes.





You can use any other fruit you like.
Blueberries, apples, cherries...

1 comment:

Bethany D said...

You had posted after me on Becca Groves' blog, so I went to check out your blog. Was scrolling down and at the picture of the Red Awning, I thought "I'm sure that picture was taken in STL." After reading a few more of your posts, I got to the one about pizza, and sure enough, you live in STL. I was born and raised in St. Louis and now live in Atlanta. (I met Becca at Wild Women's Weekend Retreat at Lutheridge outside of Ashville, NC about 1 1/2 years ago.)
I don't read many blogs, but I just might have to add yours to my list.