Thursday, June 23, 2011

Said I'd Never Do It

Here's a little bit of wisdom:
{I don't have much, but what I have I share with you...}
Never. Ever. Ever.
Eeeeeevvvveeeer say "never."
Just don't do it.
Inevitably you will be doing that undesirable, disdainable, detestable thing you said would never happen.

I said I'd never be a runner.
I'd never, ever have the desire to run an organized race - or any race, for that matter.
It's true that I'm not a competitive person so they never appealed to me.

But lately...
that "never" desire has turned into almost a fixation.
I wanted to run...and I wanted to run races!
{I think we can thank my little sis for this inspiration.}

So.
Here I am,
the girl who couldn't (wouldn't?) do the 12 minute mile in high school,
having completed not one, but two 5k races in the past two weeks.


Now, lets be clear here friends, my running technique is not going to be seen in any runner's mags soon,
nor did my finish times impress anyone but myself.
But...
I did it.
And I liked it.
I really did!

Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure, St. Louis - near 65,000 participants!

Please note that while I may have been sweating in the photo above,
not all of the moisture you see there is from my body.
It rained near the end of the race...and I ran through a sprinkler.
Have to keep my {small amount of} feminine pride in tact.

#1 completed (x2)


Thanks for running with me, Alli!
You're a good sissy.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Yeah for you!!! Way to go!! That is on my list of things to do as well...have not done it (yet!)

Jamie Willow said...

feel free to be the first person who said "I told you so" if I ever do this...but seriously...this is NEVER going to be me...lol...

you look adorable little miss runner girl :)

Andrea said...

I love this! Congrats on finishing both races! I'm not a runner either, but I want to like it! Great job!

StephG said...

yay! Congrats!!!

It's so funny you posted this too because I JUST started the Couch to 5k running program. I need to lose this baby weight :)