Thursday, May 26, 2011

My Word for 2011 :: Revisited

Maybe you remember this post.
My word for 2011 is Spirit.

I made a goal to read more spiritually focused books and simply train my mind on things of a more uplifting nature than my regular go-to topics.
I've been working through my reading list and wanted to give a little update.
Accountability is good for the soul...or something like that...


I read Desiring God by John Piper
Reviewed here.
A heavy but valuable read.

Crazy Love by Francis Chan is still awaiting me on my bookshelf.
I'm kind of saving it for a school break so I can really dive in.
I'm excited about it.


I finished Radical by David Platt.
Reviewed here.
Perspective shifter, for sure.

I am working my way through Spiritual Classics and learning so much.
This is such a practical book - I think every Christian should own it.
Check out my "Quoted" section at my top, right sidebar.
This book is where the quote came from.


And, I had a spot for a fifth book and asked for your input about which book to read.
I found one.
Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo.
My review here.
Oh my heavens, you guys (no pun intended).
This book is out of this world (again, no pun intended).
It is fantastic.
I think, even if you don't call yourself a Christian or identify with religion, you will get something out of reading this {short, easy} book.
And if you are a Christian...well...get ready for an emotional ride.
I can't really put my thoughts on this book into words, but a blog friend of mine did a beautiful job in her post about it.


And, while I'm talking about goals accomplished, check out To-Do List of 30 things I want to do before I turn 30.
{That's in 18 months!}
I have crossed off a few items and have some of them in the works.
The ones I'm working on now:
#1 - Scheduled for June! Eeeep!
#4 - See post.
#9 - Currently in Job.
#11 - I have a volunteer offering to make this dream a reality!
#15 - I am so proud of them!
#18 - Tentatively: December 2011.
#22 - This Summer!
#27 - So excited to see them in concert!


Just wanted to post a little follow-up and say "thanks" for letting me air it all on the blog and being a part of keeping me accountable.

Now I'm ready to hear a bit about your goals for the Summer and what you're reading!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Just finished Crazy Love yesterday. I think you'll like it.

Loved this little update on your word for 2011 and all that is going on in your life.

Still, working on my 30 b4 30 list. :)

Shawna said...

Thanks for sharing --- I was reminded to revisit my word of the year in May as well...and the book choices are awesome!
Xo*S