Thursday, April 14, 2011

Eggs in a Nest

Spring has gloriously, unashamedly, intoxicatingly sprung.
I'm basking.
I'm also baking.
{alarmingly close concepts in my life.}

Here's what we've been up to:


The piglets and I invited over some little piglet friends and had a nest making party.
Since when do little piggies make nests?
In the spring, of course!
Spring is magic.
Anything can happen in spring.


These Spring Nests - edible, dangerously so - are a spring necessity.
Mama used to make them with me.
{She still makes them from time to time even with no little bodies in her house.}
And now I must make them with my little ones.
My spring piggies.


Here's how they're done:


Easy...
but messy.
And cute...
but much too edible and addictive.


Now...stop a minute.
Did you get a load of those photos??
Did you?!
{I'm freaking out...it's spring, I can.}
They are lovely.
Wanna know why?
I didn't take them.
That's why.

My friend, Ashley, did.
With her magic camera and her mad photography skills.
Ashley is a very talented lady and one of my dearest friends.
She is a photographer and a sweet Mommy and a giver and a teacher and a smarty-pants and a God-lover and beautiful and actually really down-to-earth in light of all those attributes.
She does wedding, engagement and other fabulous photography.
And she is good at that. Really good.
But...I'm trying my darnedest to turn her into a food photographer too...
: )
Because I love food.
Food looks better in pictures than I do...maybe that's why.

But she's doing nicely with the food, no?



Wouldn't it be fun if, one day, one very fine day, we got together and did something like what you see above and tried to...(gasp!) print it and (double gasp!!!) sell it?
Wouldn't it?

I don't know.
Just wishful thinking.
Just wondering and dreaming and thinking bigger than I've ever thought before.

It's crazy.
But it's spring, so that's why.

Before you leave this blog {shaking your head all the while at Star-Crossed and her craziness}, please stop by Ashley's website and her blog to ogle...er, I mean appreciate her art.

10 comments:

a.m. said...

You are WAY too sweet. It was an "oh" so lovely day. Perfect for piggies, food, photos, & friends.

Mrs. B. said...

Thank you for not taking pics of my house and not holding it agaist me. ;) That's a REAL friend.

Jamie Willow said...

love the tulip pic...

love them all actually.

and I think you and her could do something wonderful together if you ever decided to. I say go for it!

jessica m said...

The photos are STUNNING! I was going to compliment you on them too :) The nest look like something we will be making...too fun!

Parisienne Farmgirl said...

Dang girl! Your blog is looking FAB!
My sidebar is so stinking outdated but I have had NO TIME to spruce it up!
And this post on food - sitting here, pregnant wishing I had a personal chef!
Wish you were comin' to Shop the Shed!!!
Thanks for your kind words about my sister's shower!
Angela,
Parisienne Farmgirl

Andrea said...

I was totally going to comment on those pictures.

I have an idea, you should style food for photo shoots and let her take the pictures. you know for cook books, blogs, etc.

YUP! That's totally what you should two do! You'd make a great team!

Anonymous said...

What a fun post.....photos are great! I like the color theme throughout it, but not just pics but a story and recipe. A great combo of inspiration and information!
Good job girls.
Xoxo m

[not the] Best Blog Ever said...

I linked to this post from my blog. The nests are so cute. Hope to make them soon with my little 'un!

:-)

Lucy said...

If you type Racey Helps or Molly Brett into Google images you get quite alot of pictures that reflect spring or Easter, and they print quite well on a colour printer and normal printer paper. Then if you stick them on card and link them up along a ribbon you can make a really cute spring banner or bunting! Well, that's my plan anyway, it may not quite come out as I visualise it. But I know you love children's illustrations so...

Stacy said...

We just finished making these!
(Thanks for the idea and the adorable, inspirational photos! :))

~Stacy