Sunday, April 10, 2011

20 in 10 :: Week Six

Unhappily reporting a weight-gain this week.
Two pounds up...that's the wrong direction.
Tragically wrong.

I would love to be able to claim total ignorance on why this has happened.
"This is a fluke!"
"I did everything I should have this week."
"I've hit an inexplicable plateau."
But...no.
Nope.
I know why I gained weight.

Last week was craziness on wheels.
{Helpful hint: tacking the words "on wheels" to the end of your sentence always makes it more malevolent. This is good for those moments you need a little drama.}
: )

But really...
I was so busy.
Midterms are coming up, I'm working on garden stuff and my babies...well...they're babies and they need me.
So workouts and the extra efforts to eat healthily flew out the window -
which is constantly open now since Spring has arrived

Thus, the gain.

Dang.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

I have a plan in place for this week. 
I'm going to start training for the race I'm going to run this summer and I'm going to be taking a serious look at priorities and cutting some un-needed "necessities" out so I have more time to devote to things that really matter.

More on that later...
maybe.

As for now - have a lovely Sunday.
Hug your babies.
Kiss your hubbies.
Love your God. 

3 comments:

yvette said...

I had a pretty good loss this week because I restarted the South Beach Diet and on the first phase, it's no grains, sugar, or fruit...so a lot of it was probably water weight, but I'll take it :) I lost 3.5 pounds. (This loss was for almost 2 weeks because I switched my weigh in day from Monday to Friday.) Now that I've been off of sugar for a week (mostly-I did have a few weak moments) I have my eating habits back under control so I should continue to lose.

yvette said...

Oh, and my total for the six weeks is 6.5 pounds lost-so I'm not keeping up with the 2 pounds a week goal.

StephG said...

*grumble grumble*

I am with you on the weight gain :(

I need to start moving more...you would think with 3 kids I'd be moving enough...

Here is to a better weight loss week!!