Saturday, April 2, 2011

20 in 10 :: Week Five and a Valuable Tip for the Mamas

A quick check-in on this busy Saturday...
{Today is dirt day for the garden!}

I'm down two more pounds from last week.
Back on track and loving it.
That puts me at a seven pound weight-loss halfway through my little program.
Ideally I'd be at 10 pounds at this point...but I'll take what I can get.
I'm going to try to catch up this week and still keep a healthy milk supply for Babes.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Speaking of milk supply...
I've had a lot of friends ask how I'm keeping the supply up while losing weight.
The answer is:
Oatmeal.
While trying to lose weight I eat oatmeal every morning.
It takes a measly milk supply and makes it buxom (no pun intended) and keeps a good supply going.
I swear by it.
I've never heard someone say that it didn't work for them.
So, if nursing a baby is your concern while working out and dieting, eat your oats...I think you'll see a difference.
{and it works rapidly. I see a change within two days when I start on the oatmeal.}

Another tip:
Don't make my Banana Bread for Grown-Ups if you're trying to lose the pesky pounds.
Just because there are bananas in it doesn't make it healthy.
{That's a lie I'm quite familiar with...}
Save that for after you've slimmed down.
But please, some day, make it!

Don't forget to post a question for the trainer.
He'll be on to do a guest-post in the next couple of weeks.

Happy Weekend!

4 comments:

Alicia Marie said...

Will have to try to oatmeal. I have not noticed a drop at all...but I am also only losing about a pound a week. Last week, 1 lb, making my total 3.4 lbs. I will weigh myself tomorrow for this week.

Ira questions ~ Best thigh/butt trimming exercises. Any real belly roll eliminator techniques?

I would also be really interested to see what your daily diet consists of...how you are able to lose 2 lbs a week. How many days do you exercise?

7 lbs is a lot! Good work. If I did not live millions of miles away from you I would go shopping for new clothes with you!

yvette said...

Well, I was going to just not comment this week-but I will be honest and tell you that I gained 1.5 pounds. Part of that is from the fact that I had replaced my diet coke habit with a daily (large) bowl of chocolate ice cream habit for about a week :-(
I also didn't work out like I should have during the same week. I have been doing better since then, so next week I will have a better report for you!

Kayla said...

My question for him....when are you guys coming back to MN so he can kick my butt in a workout? :-)

[not the] Best Blog Ever said...

Hey Ash - Thx for your kind words on my blog. I appreciate it so, so much! The support and prayers of friends and loved ones during this time have meant the world, honestly.

Thx too for the reminder that oatmeal is WHERE IT'S AT, yo! :) I need to go cook me up a bowl-full... YUM!