Monday, March 14, 2011

Bachelor Brad 2.0 - The Engagement & After the Final Rose

First let me talk about the dates.
(I know, I'm backtracking a bit here.)
That shark date with Chantal was ridiculous.
The entire date I just kept chanting, "no, no, no, no."
I would not put myself into a cage with hungry sharks snapping at raw meat inches away.
Not romantic.
{But, my heavens, her proposal dress was gorgeous. She made up for all of her other terrible fashion choices throughout the show.}

Just the caliber of the dates he gave Emily - quiet, contemplative dates - verses the freak-show dates he gave Chantal made it a bit obvious that Emily was going to be the final pick.




And there it is!
Emily.
: )
Totally perfect.

His profession of love for her during the engagement was actually really sweet and I believed what he was saying.


All's happy...

or is it?

The After the Final Rose show was...
tense.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they're honest and not putting on a happy face just for the cameras.
But, my goodness, if that wasn't kind of hard to watch.
What's funny is that Mr. B. called the temper issue with the psychotherapy-bachelor-man a few weeks ago.

Was anyone else a little surprised (and pleased) with the sauciness of Emily?
It's that Southern girl in her.
Love it.

{Although it was a bit unattractive to watch her insecurities about the Chantal dates. "I can be fun too." Oh my...}

I really hope they make it.
If Em can put the show behind her and see their relationship as separate, they'll be okay.
I like what she said about separating her reality from the reality show.

What do we think of Chantal having moved on already?
Wow. That was quick!

And who will be the next Bachelorette?
Is there even a question?
 I'm pretty sure we're looking at an Ashley season.
Which I'd love.

That's it, ladies and gents.
The end of Bachelor Brad.
Phew.
Wishing them the very best.

**Update: It's official. Ashley is the next Bachelorette.**

3 comments:

Andrea said...

First I wanted to say, I am happy he choose Emily. Finally, a Bachelor who picks who I want him to pick. You know since it IS all about the viewer! :) jk.......

Shark date...I agree never would I ever do that. So silly. And Chantel's dress at the end...so impressive. I loved it.

I'm kinda glad Brad put her in her place a little bit on AFR when she was crying and going on and on about closure and he was like hey wait a minuite..I've heard you're very happy and have moved on..so really what's your deal!!

Now, on to Brad & Emily..... crazy, crazy stuff comes out once the cameras end. Much like how when you actually get married you learn all about your spouse all over again, and things are not like they were when you dated. they are just going through what every couple in America goes through, trials, fights, figuring it out and learning how to make it work. I really hope they are able to work it out.

I was telling Orion last night, they really do seem in love if they can just get out of the spotlight focus on each other and work through some things, I think they'll make it. I really would like to see someone else other than Trista & Ryan tie the knot from this show and make it last.

Molly & Jason don't count in my mind because he didn't choose her in the end, she wasn't his original choice.

Bethany Patrice said...

Aye aye aye. I think I may be the only woman in America who side's with Brad. I think Emily's 14 year age deficit is showing through. What did she expect him to do? Go to the producers and say, "Cancel the show. I've found the one I love. I don't want to film anymore." I'm sure he had contractual obligations to finish the show. I am surprised that Emily has insecurities about these other women. She came off as a bit snobbish and immature to me last night. I feel for Brad. He is finally in love, and now he is having to work work work for it.

I know you are going to hate me for saying this too, but I'm not an Ashely fan either. She wasn't ready for love on this season, and now all of the sudden she is? I think that was her objective all along...being the next Bachelorette. I don't know how i am going to listen to her say "like" and "you know" and "totally" for an entire season.

Now for the good stuff...Chantel is fabulous and I wish her the best. She is a self assured woman, and I love her confidence and demeanor. Trista and Ryan...can we say "aweee"?. Molly and Jason...I still haven't forgiven him. Roberto and Alli...double "aweeee". So sweet.

Alicia Marie said...

Is it bad that my favorite part of the whole thing was when Brad cried when he saw his family? Loved that. And I knew it was Emily when Momma said it was...never go against the momma.

Real life is not reality and I really hope they make it. AND I am glad to see that stubborn streak in Emily. She has every right to be taking it slow. Come on, rarely in real life to do people meet and marry in a few months.

Kinda sad to see it go...now I have to actually go to the grocery store on mondays...