Thursday, March 31, 2011

30 Things To-Do Before I'm 30.

I was reading this post on Joy the Baker
{cute, cute, cute blog, by the way!}
and it got me thinking.

I'll be 30 in a little over a year and a half.
There's some stuff I wanna do before then.
Not that life is over once you're 30 or anything...
I've actually heard it only gets better.
But I'm a sucker for a deadline...30-years-old is a good one.

Here is my To-Do List of 30 things to do before I'm 30:

1. Run in an organized race.


2. Go on another international trip.

3. Witness the birth of a baby - live!

4. Grow a successful organic garden.


5. Surprise my Brawny Man - like really surprise him - just once.


6. Bake my own pie crust from scratch.


7. Reach my goal weight.


8. Go completely gluten and dairy-free for at least one month.


9. Read through the entire Bible. Cover to cover.


10. Make a 100% organic meal.


11. Record a song.


12. Go on a one-month media fast.


13. See another Broadway show.


14. Spend a weekend in Chicago.


15. Teach my big piggies how to read.


16. Have a really fabulous tulip and spring bulb garden.


17. Get my eyebrows professionally waxed and stay committed to maintenance.


18. Take my babies to the ocean again.


19. Find the perfect waffle recipe.


20. Buy someone the perfect, unexpected gift.


21. Take myself on a weekend-long, solo spiritual retreat.


22. Get beautiful family photographs done.


23. Take Miss Evie to the American Girl store in Chicago.


24. Rent a bike and ride the Katy Trail.



25. Get an A in math. :)

 

26. Pay for someones coffee behind me at the Starbucks drive-thru.


27. Go to a concert.


28. Get my charm bracelet up to date.

Deadline: November 30, 2012
(also my golden birthday)


...For the life of me I cannot come up with 29 and 30 at the moment.
But I will.

And I'll add them to the master list HERE.
{the link will be in my tabs at the top of the blog.}
I'll keep the list updated and hopefully blog about my experiences knocking out my
To-Do Before I'm 30 list.
 
Do you have a to-do list?
What's on it?

11 comments:

Andrea said...

I've been thinking a lot about this lately too...I've decided it's going to by my yearly challenge for next year. I'm going to start it at on my 29th bday this year and hopefully finish by the time i hit 30 next year. :) You've got some great ones on your list. Love #4, 12, 13......

Lacy said...

So I have a great, easy pie crust recipe and waffle recipe, if you're interested:) Also, I went to the Chicago American doll store when I was younger...loved it!! This is a great list!

Katie said...

Yesssss for golden 30th birthdays! Loved your list! Can't wait to see you start checking them off!

Truly His said...

Loved this post!!:)

Maegan said...

love your list!

Weird quesiton: where do you get your charm bracelet?

Mrs. B. said...

Mae - I just got it at a sweet little jewelry shop. I pick up charms as I go from wherever I want. No sets or anything. I just want to get a charm for Evie and Britt (I already have Beck's).
I love it.
I'll post pics of it on the blog when I get it up-to-date. Hopefully for mother's day?

[not the] Best Blog Ever said...

Oooh, great idea, great list. I'm going to give this some thought and will likely steal the idea for a blog post of my own some day soon.

Carpe diem.

Hugs -
B.

Pepper said...

ok.. You need to make my strawberry and rhubarb pie. I promise you will adore it. The crust is like no other you have ever had. And I perfected it all by myself. I promise it is not hard and it is way worth it.

Pepper said...

I have a 29 for you.. We are going to be 30, 28 days apart.. You and your piglets (or just you) should meet me somewhere to jointly celebrate our amazing weightloss and our departure from the sweet 20's..

Sam said...

Great list. Number 18 is hard for me to imagine though. I live on the most easterly point in Canada, and North America, so the Atlantic is present all the time. It's so nice to sit near a beach and smell the salt water, I can't wait for day when it's warm enough to do that! I'd suggest taking them to each side of the continent if you can manage it, ours is beautiful!

http://mygrowingobsessions.blogspot.com

Lucy said...

Gosh, way to make someone who just turned 34 (April 13th) feel bad!!

No, just kidding, some great ideas I'd better add to my before 35 list that I haven't even begun. I need to do things to improve my health and I'm attaching goals to that...so better get to it!

Let us know about your ideas for the international trip sometime!