Sunday, January 30, 2011

Cozying Up

With the winter storm blowing in and threatening ice and inches upon inches of snow for the next three days I am fighting the urge to panic.
The prospect of being holed up in my little house with 3 cabin fever afflicted children is enough to send me into full rocking in the corner, eye-twitch mode.

But...
instead I'll think of it as a novelty.

I'll batten down the hatches, light the candles, gather the blankies and books and...cook.

I'm reading one of the most inspiring books about life and cooking.
The words Molly puts together in her memoir are almost as delicious as her recipes look to be.
I'm going to try out a few in this ice-lockdown,
I'll let you know how they turn out.

Until then, go to Molly's blog, Orangette, one of my favorites, and gather some inspiration of your own.

And if you're looking for a good read that feels like a full meal without the bloating, get her book.


1 comment:

Annie said...

pretty much my first thought was "Thank the LORD, we aren't getting that snow!" But it does look like a super cute book!