Friday, January 28, 2011

Books

It's no secret, my love for books.


"Books can be possessive, can't they?
Sometimes what's inside will change your life, but sometimes you don't even have to read it.
Sometimes it's a comfort just to have a book around...
'Why do you buy books you don't even read?' [someone] asks.
That's like asking someone who lives alone why they bought a cat.
For company, of course."
-Sarah Addison Allen
from The Sugar Queen


Couldn't have put it better myself, so I wont even try.

Tonight I shall be in some very good company indeed.
Books. Girlfriends. Bites to eat. And more books...

More about my book swap party later in the weekend.
: )


"You have a library?
Oh yes! Indeed! With books!
 Gads of books! Mountains of books!
Forests of books! Cascades of books!
Swamps of books! 
More books than you'll ever be able to read in a lifetime!
Books on every subject ever studied, by every author who ever set pen to paper..."
- Beauty and the Beast

3 comments:

KC said...

I <3 Books too! This post really made me smile :)

Burkinator said...

Man, is that a party I would LOOOOOVE to attend. Have fun!

Mrs.M said...

How FUN! I've always wanted to have a book swapping party. I'm definitely going to have one in Alaska since libraries.....well, they don't have many there. Let me know hot it goes! I've always wanted a library like Belle's. She's one of my top two favorite princesses! Except mine would have a fireplace. Swooon. :)

Have fun! I hope you come out with some great reads!