Saturday, January 8, 2011

Books You'll Probably Like

All of this book talk has got me thinking of books.
Wonderful books.
Books are my love.
Books and cooking.
And eating.
And chocolate.
And laughing.
Books, cook, eating, chocolate, laughing, live theatre, coffee shops and babies.
They're all my loves.

But books are the thing today.
These are some of my favorites.
And when I have a favorite I like to share.

If you click the titles, the link will take you to my review of that book.


Baby Dear by Eliose Wilkin
A favorite since I was a little girl.




Adele & Simon by Barbara McClintock
 Such fun for the piglets and set in Paris, too.


 One of the best books for counting (and the four seasons) that I've come across.
Totally charming




Time for Bed by Mem Fox
A favorite of all three piggies as babies and toddlers.


And now, for the mamas.


Believing God by Beth Moore
 One of the most profoundly impacting book on Christian living I have ever read.
Read this one, it will awaken you to the power of God's word.


The Birth House by Ami McKay
 A great novel. Through and through.


The Mission of Motherhood by Sally Clarkson
 Undoubtedly the guide for intentional Christian motherhood.


Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
If you haven't yet taken the time to read this one...
please do.
My all time favorite.

Along with...


Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell


More reviews on books for the mamas are at my blog:


More reviews on books for the babies are found at my other blog,

What are you reading right now?

5 comments:

Katie said...

Gone With the Wind. I haven't read it, but I was named after Katie Scarlett O'Hara. :) I should probably read the book.

Andrea said...

Thanks for this post, I'm looking forward to adding some of these to my reading list for the year.

Gone with the Wind, Little Women...swoon....love them!

Anne Marie said...

I can honestly say that how to make an apple pie and see the world is one of our favorites here...we use it for schooling- and that recipe is actually really really good at the end!!

How have you been??

Beka said...

I'm not a BIG reader!!!!!!!! But......... i really want to go to the library right now! :)

Mrs. B. said...

Katie - I'd have to say that reading GWTW would be a MUST for you. You have to read the saga of your namesake. Such a good book!

Anne Marie - Since you're using How to make An Apple Pie for school, I'm assuming you use Five In A Row? We do too, and love it!