Friday, October 29, 2010

Children's Book Nut

Hi, my name is Mrs. B. and I am an addict.
I have no wish to be rehabilitated.
If its wrong to love children's books this much, I don't wanna be right.

My friend, Rachel is a children's book nut too.
But she is doing something much more lucrative with her obsession - she is selling Usborne books - while I simply sit around using my children as excuses to drown myself in the gorgeous, lilting text and vivid illustrations that make a great book.

Rachel sent me my kids this book...



One of her Usborne favorites.

I promptly planted myself on the couch, with a warm, squirming body on each side of me, and cracked it open to find out how big a million really is.
Let me tell you, it's big.
Such a sweet book with illustrations to delight little eyes.
And the concept of such a large number (ten...then 100...then 1000...then a million) was conveyed in a such an understandable way.

And, in perusing the great, big Usborne Books catalogue, I found that they are the source of one of mine and the kid's favorite books:

With stories about doctor's visits, new baby, going to school and moving this book is a great resource in helping little ones to understand what may happen in a new, possibly stressful life situation.
And - I'm an illustration junkie - the illustrations by Stephen Cartwright are completely charming.


If you're interested in checking out this huge selection of quality children's books, please visit:

If you want some more children's books recommendations, I have another blog where I review our favorite children's literature - we're really focusing on books about Fall right now.

1 comment:

Rae Nolt said...

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! If I ever need your babies again I'll let ya know! :)