I was awarded The Versatile Blogger award. I'm not sure why I deserve it. I mean, when I looked up the word I saw that it meant "embracing a variety of different subjects, fields or skills."
Hmmm...mostly this blog is filled with things about home, cooking, a bit of pop culture thrown in and...more increasingly, melancholy posts about my children and their disturbing tendency to grow up right before my eyes. Versatile? Not the first thought that comes to my mind.
But, make no mistake, I will accept! :) Gladly and with a grin on my face.
And now, I have been instructed to complete these steps to accept the award:
Getting a bit personal first thing off, are we?
I would have finished nursing school while I was a young thing with no children around the house to slow me down in my studies. I feel like I'm fighting an uphill battle trying to study and raise the three piglets at the same time.
(Although I really like Sarah's answer to this question, because I feel the same way.)
The 2nd thing you have to do is, pick 4 people and give them this award. You then have to inform the people that they have received this award.
because: she is my little sister and she writes about wonderful things like spirituality, friendships, farmers markets, travel, tattoos and dreadlocks. :)
because: she's a fellow mommy-in-school blogger. she writes about her finances (inspiring!), her children, her schooling and her blog has the one of the cutest names I've heard yet.
because: she has adorable stories about funny things her little ones say (Friday Funnies) and some great ideas for crafting and parties.
because: she's always sharing something new about her sweet little girl Ava, she takes wonderful photos, has ideas for fabulous creativity around the home (my favorite was the no sew tutu), talks about fashion, Hollywood and decorating. If anyone deserves The Versatile Blogger Award, it should be her!
The 3rd thing you MUST do, is thank the lovely individual who gave you the award.
You need to share 7 things about yourself.
1. Have had a grande low-fat decaf pumpkin spice latte (w/ whip) about 3 times since it came out again a few weeks ago. Makes my mouth happy.
2. Try to tell my kids a (made up) story at least once a week. They are super lame but the piglets seem to think they're genius. I won't do this in the presence of adults.
3. Like it when my Brawny Man has stubble on his chin. So rugged and manly.
4. I watch Big Brother. I know, it's really stupid and a waste of time.
5. Will not use fake "butter spreads" in my cooking/baking. It's real butter for me or nothing. (My hips tell this story all by themselves.)
6. Leading a Bible study this fall on quieting an anxious heart. Really looking forward to it.
7. So glad my kids are home happy and healthy from their first day of preschool today.