Tuesday, September 7, 2010

An Award


I was awarded The Versatile Blogger award. I'm not sure why I deserve it. I mean, when I looked up the word I saw that it meant "embracing a variety of different subjects, fields or skills."

Hmmm...mostly this blog is filled with things about home, cooking, a bit of pop culture thrown in and...more increasingly, melancholy posts about my children and their disturbing tendency to grow up right before my eyes. Versatile? Not the first thought that comes to my mind.

But, make no mistake, I will accept! :) Gladly and with a grin on my face.

And now, I have been instructed to complete these steps to accept the award:


Answer this question: If you had the chance to go back and change one thing in your life, would you and what would it be?

Getting a bit personal first thing off, are we?
I would have finished nursing school while I was a young thing with no children around the house to slow me down in my studies. I feel like I'm fighting an uphill battle trying to study and raise the three piglets at the same time.
(Although I really like Sarah's answer to this question, because I feel the same way.)

The 2nd thing you have to do is, pick 4 people and give them this award. You then have to inform the people that they have received this award.


Alexandria
because: she is my little sister and she writes about wonderful things like spirituality, friendships, farmers markets, travel, tattoos and dreadlocks. :)

Annie
because: she's a fellow mommy-in-school blogger. she writes about her finances (inspiring!), her children, her schooling and her blog has the one of the cutest names I've heard yet.

Cupcake Mama
because: she has adorable stories about funny things her little ones say (Friday Funnies) and some great ideas for crafting and parties.

Andrea
because: she's always sharing something new about her sweet little girl Ava, she takes wonderful photos, has ideas for fabulous creativity around the home (my favorite was the no sew tutu), talks about fashion, Hollywood and decorating. If anyone deserves The Versatile Blogger Award, it should be her!


The 3rd thing you MUST do, is thank the lovely individual who gave you the award.


Thank you, Sarah and Katie!
I adore you and your sweet little babies. So much fun to keep up with your lives through photos and blog stories. Internet friends like you are a treasure.

You need to share 7 things about yourself.


1. Have had a grande low-fat decaf pumpkin spice latte (w/ whip) about 3 times since it came out again a few weeks ago. Makes my mouth happy.

2. Try to tell my kids a (made up) story at least once a week. They are super lame but the piglets seem to think they're genius. I won't do this in the presence of adults.

3. Like it when my Brawny Man has stubble on his chin. So rugged and manly.

4. I watch Big Brother. I know, it's really stupid and a waste of time.

5. Will not use fake "butter spreads" in my cooking/baking. It's real butter for me or nothing. (My hips tell this story all by themselves.)

6. Leading a Bible study this fall on quieting an anxious heart. Really looking forward to it.

7. So glad my kids are home happy and healthy from their first day of preschool today.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

oh thanks! you're too sweet!! can i give this award right back to you??!!?? :)

Sarah said...

Oh Oh Oh I have that book by Linda Dillow?? My neighbor brought it to me. I have not read it yet. I should. Wish I lived closer to be part of your study.

And? You are so versatile. So. So. So.

Happy your babies had a good first day of preschool. Mine goes to kindergarten tomorrow. At least he has a big 1st grade sister to protect him!

Alexandria said...

wanna sound coffee-smart? here's the interpretation of your drink:

"hello, can i have a decaf grande nonfat with whip pumpkin spice latte, please?"

also... thanks for the award! who knows if i'll be able to pay it back to that many people, but we'll see! love you.