Thursday, August 26, 2010

Peanut Butter Rice Crispy Treats

Yep. That's what we've whipped up in our kitchen. It's no bake so that means no hot oven steaming you out of house and home.
I've adapted this recipe from TJ's Crisp Rice Cereal box.

7 c. Rice Crispies or rice cereal
3/4 c. Blue Agave Syrup (a natural sweetener)
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 c. creamy peanut butter
chocolate chips and/or peanut butter chips (optional)

Combine sugar and agave in saucepan and bring to a near boil, stirring often. Continue stirring until brown sugar dissolves. Remove from heat.

Add peanut butter to mixture. Mix. Add cereal and mix gently. If desired, add chocolate & peanut butter chips, then mix well.

Press the mixture in a 9x13-inch greased baking pan. Refrigerate for several hours to cool and harden. To harden more quickly, place in freezer for about an hour.

Makes about 16 2" squares.


I'm exercising massive amount of self control. Next to mozzarella and basil, I think peanut butter and chocolate might be the most heavenly combination in the great big, old universe.
Tomorrow...

2 comments:

Anne Marie said...

I do believe you are right - chocolate and peanut butter - yum!

when you but basil in that same sentence it made me wonder about basil and chocolate together...hhhmmmm

Kristi said...

My kids are going to LOVE you! LOL I need to make this! And I ordered the book you reviewed! :)
Kristi