Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Forecast: Favorable

Brawny Man, Baby and I are jetting to the Northwest, USA this weekend. A bit of a sight-seeing trip and the wedding of an old friend of Mr. B's.


I have always wanted to see this place. Since this movie. The architectural grace and beauty of the space needle. The excitement and...smell? of the Pike Place Market.



From Seattle, we're taking our time on the scenic drive down to Portland. Brawny Man insists we see a bit of nature...he didn't have to twist my arm much. But I insisted that we see the city of Portland, a place that I've had an increasing hankering to visit.
After all, he is a little bit country and I'm a little bit rock n' roll.


In between our sight-seeing, we'll witness the union of some friends on this gorgeous beach. Seriously, it's ethereal. What a great place for an intimate wedding.
Cannon Beach, Oregon.

I'm more than a bit excited.
And, as I've heard the weather is a bit 'iffy' in the northwest, I checked the forecast.
70 and sunny all weekend, folks.
What's what I'm talkin' about.
photos from here, here, here, here, here.

6 comments:

Burkinator said...

You will LOVE Portland. And get thee to Powell's Used Books while you're there. Quite simply my fave bookstore ever.

Sarah said...

You. Will. LOVE. It. ALL. Cannon Beach is quite amazing and just because the temps are cooler, don't let that stop you from taking some amazing strolls along the beach! If you can snag a sitter for a bit, there's even some little caves you can explore if you're brave like that (I'm not, but the hubby was). :) You just have to wade out to them when the tide is out. Have fun!

A. Suzanne said...

the BEST. this makes me so excited for August....take SO. MANY. PICTURES.

love ya.

Annie said...

We painfully miss Seattle. If you get the chance check out Greenlake, it's in Seattle, just a bit north of the city. Enjoy your trip and make sure to take a ferry ride!

ps. i swear it never rained much. the weather was perfect the year we lived there.

Laura said...

Ooooh! Have fun! And just think, when you get back, it will be less than 2 week until I see you!

Sarah said...

Cannon Beach is my favorite spot in the world. Enjoy.