Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Beauty, The Beast and The Brawny Man

Our 7th wedding anniversary was last weekend. Grandma Honey offered to watch the piglets while Brawny Man and I had some time to ourselves. (Thank you, Gram!)

I think we were a little bamboozled (how do you like that word?) at the prospect of spending time alone together. Really. Like so much that we didn't know what to say to each other. We kind of stared at one another and then looked away. Smiled. Snuck another peek at each other...grinned, shook our heads and ventured a few, non-child related words.

The words turned into sentences. The sentences turned into jokes and memories. The grins turned to full on laughs and we were us again.

Cheers to seven years.

I know, that looks like a lot of wine on the table...it is.
We were wine-tasting at this cute lil place.
We didn't finish it all...and what we did finish gave my tough, man-o-steel a tummy ache that lasted through the rest of our meal.
At one point, I think he said, "Look at me. So lame. I have no idea how to do this dating thing anymore." As he made his way, green-faced, to the bathroom...again.
He'll love that I blogged that.

Smoked duck appetizer. Delish.



He's like, totally hot.
I can't tell if that's the look of love or the look of nausea.
I'm good with whichever...

He mustered up the gastric strength to go on with our plans of seeing Beauty and the Beast on stage. My man loves Beauty and the Beast. To the point of quoting each and every word. And that's okay, because I love it to. I actually find it quirkily charming. Mr. B's got quirkily charming down pat.

Let me tell you, the man positively glows when Gaston comes on the stage. What kind of person decides that Gaston, a french sociopath, is his hero? I think it's the biceps. And I don't blame him really, I'm a sucker for chiseled musculature too.
At one point, when his adoration for Gaston was at it's peak I said, "You do realize that Gaston does not get the girl in the end. You remember this, don't you?"
He smiled. He squeezed my hand and kissed my cheek.
Yes, we were us again. And it was good.

5 comments:

The Arnold Family said...

Aww I love it!!! What fun to be able to get away for the evening.

And "tummy" issues getting in the way of a good time? Sounds like my hubs!!!

I love the new blog look too.

Katie Beth said...

What an adorable blog entry this was. :) Loved it. You guys are fantastic! Glad your anniversary was awesome.

Jamie Willow said...

I'm glad you two are an "us" :)

Redbird Rachel said...

Happy 7th! Glad you had a great time, and what a great evening of weather you had for the Muny! Hey, our blog backgrounds match :-)

Pepper said...

He is a very good-looking man, and you are an adorable couple! Happy anniversary!