Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Privilege of Motherhood :: A Quote

"Here is another sweet, fragrant mouth to kiss;
here are two more feet to make music with their pattering about my nursery.
Here is a soul to train for God, and the body in which it dwells is worth all it will cost since it is the abode of a kingly tenant...
Yes, my precious baby, you are welcome to your mother's heart,
welcome to her time,
her strength, her health,
her tenderest cares,
to her lifelong prayers!
Oh, how rich I am, how truly, how wonderfully blest!"

quote: Elizabeth Prentiss

4 comments:

b.fox* said...

beautiful. :) LOVE THIS.

Jamie Willow said...

how ironic that your own sweet mama is in the back of this lovely photo of you being a sweet mama :)

Anne Marie said...

what a great quote.......and I totally dig that picture in my potager in b/w

Mrs. B. said...

I thought you might like that, Anne Marie. :)
And, Jamie, I like that mom's in the background too. Sweet.