Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Home is...An Herb Garden and Fresh Blooms

Today is "Home is..." day at Reluctant Entertainer (click the graphic to get to Sandy's blog).


Today's theme is fresh flowers.

I don't have any amazing flowers from my garden to share...I'm still a new gardener. But I do have herbs...



I planted my very first herb garden this year. It hangs in little iron containers off my back deck. I'm a bit in love with the kitchen herb garden idea. Thanks to Ina and her Food Network cohorts. There's just something about cooking with an herb that came straight from your back yard.






I do have a few sprigs of gorgeous purple salvia from my tiny flower garden. I snipped a few sprigs that I thought the itty bitty plant could spare and plopped them in the middle of the table for a visit from my grandparents. They came to meet Mr. Britt for the first time. They were more impressed with the baby than my blooms. :)


Jump on over to Reluctant Entertainer and join the "Home is..." blog party.

8 comments:

Lori @ In Pursuit of Martha Points said...

Oh your herb garden looks scrumptuous!

I want to grow cilantro this year. I use it all the time.

And, I do this with every chocolate lover I come across! You might think this post on my blog is funny:

http://marthapoints.wordpress.com/2010/04/17/the-rules/

(And I only link because it's about chocolate!)

Great post.

Oh, I covet your basil too. : )

Sandy said...

Lovely. Love the herbs ... I'm SO ready for sweet basil!

Thanks for linking up today Mrs. B! :)

The Thrifty Designer said...

That makes such a pretty centerpiece! Love that mercury glass bowl.

Alicia Marie said...

Cute. I have been wanting to do that for so long...maybe now with a real house i can plant stuff! What are you going to use the lavender for?

Cupcake Mama said...

Nice job! Did you start from seeds or plants? I never have luck with seeds....watch the lavender....it can get HUGE, so be thinking of a place to transplant them. My hubby hates mine because he thinks it's taking over the bed its in...maybe it is! My cilantro went to seed too soon last year...not sure how to avoid that, so post an update later in the summer if you have any advice.

Flowers said...

You have got a nice garden out there. I think a connection with plants means a connection with the nature itself.

Jamie Willow said...

lovely! and I bet it smells nice too :) way to go!

The Arnold Family said...

That Salvia is beautiful.