Thursday, May 20, 2010

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder


The Evie-girl had been gone for a few days. Trotting the globe (...or the county, more accurately) with her Grandma Honey.

Beck was left in the less-than-stimulating company of Britt for that time. He sure did miss his sister. "Mom, where's Evie?" "Mom, wanna play 'Memory' with me?" "Mom, when will Evie be home?" Were a few of his most said phrases. He missed his fight...er...playmate.

Evie finally arrived back home. They were in hugging, squealing sibling-reunion bliss for approximately five minutes. And then, from the other room, I hear this:

*Squabble, squabble. Bang, bang.*

"Ouch!"

"Gimme that!"

Beck: "Evie, I DO NOT miss you anymore!"


B&E at T-Ball practice. April 2010.

3 comments:

Jamie Willow said...

lol. that is awesome.

Annie said...

hilarious!

Sarah said...

I can soooo relate. Love those kidlets!

PS My word verification is "dosting" hmmmm. Makes me think of yummy frosting. Must restrain myself...