Monday, April 19, 2010

Colic: Desperate Times Call for Desperate Measures

"Colic" a word that can strike fear into the heart of any new mommy. I know I was afraid. With each of my pregnancies I prayed that my new baby would not be one of those babies. The first two times it worked. This time? Nope. Third time's a charm, right?

I don't mean to complain...I love my baby with a delicious fierceness. He's perfect. Mostly...just don't call me from 4 pm to 9 pm because:
1- I wouldn't hear the phone.
2 - Even if I heard it and picked up I would probably just whimper in your ear.
Life's rough in the evenings at the B. household.

(See? He still makes you want to kiss him even in the midst of his fury.)

All this to ask: Have you heard of the Tummy Tub or the Woombie? I've been eyeing them and seeing that they're touted as miracle solutions to the fussy baby problem. I'd love a chance to give them a shot and see if they'd work for the Little Mister.

I entered a contest at The Fussy Baby Site to win both of these little beauties.

Leave me a comment if you've heard anything about these products. I'm off to bounce the cutest miniature terror on the block. Bounce, bounce, bounce until my brain comes loose...


7 comments:

Andrea said...

I haven't heard of either of these products. but a friend of mine introduced me to the Miracle Blanket. She got it and her daughter slept 12 straight hours the first night they put her in it. I've been thinking about getting it for Ava, it's been a rough couple days here. check it out at www.miracleblanket.com

hope you get some sleep and baby Britt calms down for you all! :)

Rae Nolt said...

Have not heard of them...but excited to see if they work! :)

Cupcake Mama said...

I had reflux babies - a whole other set of troubles! I was a colic baby and I tell you this to make you feel a little better..my parents got married their soph yr of college and I was born their sr yr. My dad had just graduated in Dec, I was born in Feb, and they were in the process of buying a house. Until we moved, my mom lived in FEAR of the woman crazy woman upstairs - she carried an ice pick and wasn't afraid to use it. My CPA dad was working his 1st tax season, so my mom was on her own every night - save for the crazy neighbor!! So chin up - at least you don't have a crazy neighbor! It sounds like we lived in the hood - myparents would freak if they knew I just posted this!

The Arnold Family said...

Don't know anything about either.

Sorry! Urgh fussy babies put such a strain on everything. But he is still so cute while fussing!!

Lori B said...

Amazon reviewers are giving the TummyTub good reviews:
http://www.amazon.com/Original-Tummy-Tub-Baby-Bath/dp/B001JLUCI4

Deann said...

Ash, don't know about those products, but my brothers and I were all colic babies and my mom always said, and I've seen it work in person, that if you hold the little guy in your arm with his tummy along your forearm and his bottom in your elbow crook and then put your other arm under to help support it REALLY relieves the crankiness. A little bounce in that position is supposed to help too.

Good luck!!

Deann

Karen R. said...

Have not heard about those but want to hear what you think. I had a colicky baby the second time and it was rough. The ONLY thing that worked was the Moby wrap and wearing all the time. Hang in there, this too shall pass! :)