Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Baby Favorites

Don't you just love a newborn?
If you said "no" or even, "eh..." you are a cold-hearted robot. And that's that.

Some of my favorite new baby-isms:

The closed-fist, double arm stretch. We call it "The SuperBaby" at our house.

The arch back stretch that can last for a full minute sometimes. Almost as cute as The SuperBaby.

Mistaking mommy's cheek for mommy's other, more productive body part and trying to latch on. Feels like sweet kisses...so that's what I pretend they are.

Smiles and giggles in his sleep.

The Blissed-Out Milk Coma.

What are your favorite newborn-isms?


My talented Sister In Law, Jamie, took a bunch of sweet photos of Britt. This one in his red pilot cap is one of my favorites.

4 comments:

Saundra said...

The cute faces they make when you gently rub their lips or chin. Clean baby smell. Sock lint in baby toes:)

[not the] Best Blog Ever said...

Park was definitely a thinker as a newborn - all wide-eyed and quiet, just looking around all the time and taking it all in. Loved it.

Their ability to sleep anywhere, any time.

Their mimicry - sticking out their tongue when you do. Etc. So cute.

How adorable they are when they are laying on their back just kicking their legs and moving their arms - kick kick kicking up a storm!

Ahh... And so much more. Hmm, might I actually be ready for #2??? Let's get through #1's first birthday first. First things first. :)

Jamie E said...

I love how they simply relax into you. The sleep of the truly innocent. Yawns, I love baby yawns. You still have the cutest kids ever! Bless you!

Lucy said...

the peering around! and the reflex when they grip your fingers!

I am not a mother but I am a very proud Auntie to three little girls and just became godmother to a very special little boy!

and I totally agree with you, if you don't like newborn babies you need help!

Congrats on your little one, he looks so adorable. I wish I had an anecdotal remedy for the colic for you, sadly I don't but hang in there!