Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Beck's Bedroom

I love nesting. I love what it does to my home. Closets clean, kitchen organized, toys purged, kid's rooms redecorated...

Here's what we've done to Beck's bedroom.


A little Jungle Boogie.


Beck's bed is red. It is actually a hand-me-down from my Aunt Mandy from when her boys were little. She gave us the head and foot board and Mr. B. fashioned it into a usable bed for Beck. My aunt has been really generous with giving us the things her kids have outgrown. We have chairs and lamps and bedding and art...I love her taste, so it's a perfect pairing.



Shelving with books and toys and animals galore.
The stuffed frog in the top of the trio of photos is Beck's gift to the new baby brother or sister. The middle photo shows a carved, painted bird my grandpa made, a panda bear that once belonged to me and the wooden giraffe we brought back from our trip to Jamaica.
The bottom photo is the painting my little sister did for Beck and gave him at Christmastime.
Isn't it whimsical and cute and perfect?


More details.

My mom - so talented - made much of the bedding for his room. The bed skirt was made by her and the pillow case too - I love that crazy, dotted fabric. She also made Beck's baby blankets that he still loves...

2 comments:

The Arnold Family said...

Such a cute room. Looks like it is straight out of a magazine.

Sarah said...

Adorable! I love kids rooms tooo! Love the way you presented it in this post. Nesting gets things done, that's for sure!