Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Real Life Tuesday - 18


The last Real Life Tuesday I did was in mid-December. It was Christmassy and I just can't bring myself to put a Christmassy photo on my blog in February. What's past is past...I'm not about to dredge up Christmas 2009.
There were lots of comments about not having ornaments on the bottom 1/3 of the tree because of curious children, or having interesting GI Joe "ornament" additions because of toddlers that think they have this interior decor thing down pat, of course there was the comment about having tacky Cars paper instead of gorgeous gift wrap. All good. All true. And all staying in the archives of Star-Crossed.

Moving on.
To elephants.
In Your Dreams:


In Real Life...
Leave your Real Life comments - as witty as you dare - and I promise to pick my favorite(s) and post them the next time Real Life Tuesday rolls around.
photo credit: elisabeth toll
check out her site, it's really cool.

7 comments:

The Arnold Family said...

IRL- Elephants gone wild! Stomping and crushing of the ribs...and the umbrella becomes a weapon of defense.

Saundra said...

IRL.....First, I step in the pile of poo left behind by our elephant friends. Using the umbrella to steady my fall, it bends and breaks while said elephants spray fountains of dirty pond water all over my lovely blue dress that I shouldn't have been wearing in the first place.

Alicia Marie said...

IRL.. i feel more like the elephant than the pretty lady...

Kimberly Ginn said...

In real life these two elephants shaking "hands" have a herd of donkeys trying to push them into the water! And lady liberty's umbrella is actually a little smaller than that...

Jamie Willow said...

IRL I remember riding an elephant once with Mr. B (he's my baby brother! yay!)...I've done it a couple times...it is fun...definitely not possible to do in a skirt though :) maybe with a parasol...I'll have to try that some day :)

Rae Nolt said...

In real life...Elephants carry their unborn for 22 months. I can so relate!

Lyndee said...

The chains on the elephants remind me that we walk through this life unaware of what we actually are up against. We are cared for and loved and with no good reason but our faith! Like that umbrella it seems a small thing but truly keeps us for eternity.