Saturday, February 27, 2010

Indulgence of the Chocolate Variety

I was going to post a Floor-Plan Saturday post this morning. But I don't have the mental capacity to deal with finding a plan, looking it over and posting something mildly intelligent about it. Not today.

Today is a day to talk about...Chocolate. Chocolate with a capital "C".


One of my best girlfriends introduced me to Peanut Butter & Co. Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter. I am utterly gone for this stuff. Devoted fan for life.
It's organic and really doesn't have all these creepy, crazy additives that make your skin crawl if you actually think about them. So when you eat it straight out of the jar and don't let anyone in your family come within a 10 foot radius of the stuff - you even go so far as to carve a special peanut butter-shaped cubby for it in the back of your pantry for safe keeping...ummm...nevermind. Let's just say you don't feel too guilty eating it.
Find it in the peanut butter section or the organic section of your grocery store. And smile while you drop $5 on the stuff. You'll be glad you did.


Trader Joe's is the best place for fabulous guilty pleasures. Good thing they also have non-guilty pleasures to even it all out...
I love love love a good chocolate croissant. It might be my very favorite food (I say might because Chicago style pizza is still fighting the croissant for #1). I found the frozen, bake-yourself variety at TJ's a few days ago.
You just pop one of these (maybe two?) puppies out of the box, let them sit at room temp to rise overnight. Bake them for 20 minutes - brush them with egg first to get that shine...oh, the shine...and there you have it! A hot, fresh, perfect chocolate croissant. Possibly the most perfect pastry confection that has ever existed.

And that's it. My chocolate and butter loaded indulgence post. It totally energized me even to write about these things! I think I might post that Floor-Plan post after all.

7 comments:

Parisienne Farmgirl said...

OH man, someone is going to have to pull you down from the ceiling if you are going to get anything done today!

Thanks again for the movie link - started it last night...love that girl, I just watched a movie on Netflicks with here..."I Bought the Castle" or something of the like...
Is she the sister from Atonement? Can't remember.

Enjoy your chocolat!

Lori B said...

www.MoundCity.com (they sell LOTS of nut products and dipped chocolate products) on Olive in Olivette has ALL natural peanut butter...nothing in it except peanuts. And there is a chocolate variety, too, but I didn't try it.

The same product is sold at Dierbergs w/a Dierbergs label.

jessica m said...

I thought I was the only one hiding the Peanut Butter and Co. in the back of the pantry...and here you are! :) VERY good stuff.
Thanks for sharing...

Alicia Marie said...

Stop it. This is not helping my cravings OR my trying of "minimal" weight gain. You should put some of the peanut butter ON the croissant...hmmmm... Really. You must stop this.

Burkinator said...

Good grief. I did not need to know about the chocolate-croissant-made-in-my-very-own-oven-goodness! And I have lots of "married, fat and happy" pounds to lose, and this will not help.

Oh, well.

(This is Jamie's Kristen, btw. Google reader "suggested" I follow you, and I must obey, apparently.)

Lyndee said...

That picture of the croissant was so beautiful. I must let it stay in my mind forever ...or at least until I learn to make them from Spelt and Rice flours!

a.m. said...

I cannot keep a good thing quiet...especially from a D-VO-TEE slash CHOC-A-HOLIC! It's delish & I eat it with a spoon once it's cooled a little from the fridge. It's my 1 guilty pleasure that I don't feel so guily about!