Friday, February 26, 2010

BBC Love

BBC's Masterpiece Theatre has produced a new version of Jane Austen's Emma. I know, I know, you're probably thinking, "How many takes on Emma can there possibly be?" Stop it. This is the best version of Emma I've seen yet.
Yep, better than Gwenyth's version. Blasphemy? I think not.
I think the leading actress has captured the edgy, naively conniving character of Emma to perfection. And the costuming...best yet. I want each and every dress. Beautiful.

If you didn't catch it on TV already - it aired in the beginning of February - you can watch here online until March 8th. It's Friday...the perfect day to hole yourself up in your bedroom with a scone, tea and your laptop. Don't forget the clotted cream!

2 comments:

Parisienne Farmgirl said...

Oh my gosh - I am so excited!!! Hubby (if you haven't caught on from my posts) works until pretty late at night, so here I sit after a visit to my Moms (my first trip about alone with the three kids!) and I am "like" what the heck and I gonna watch on the laptop tonight? This is perfect!
But, I have a little plate of my macarons and a Budweiser..not tea and a scone...which reminds me, I have not made scones in a "fortnight" I should make a batch for the weekend!
Thanks for sharing!

PS - Have you ever visited those websites where you can BUY Jane Austen type clothing...Oh, simply to die for!!!! If only we could be so feminine these days!

Mrs. B. said...

Parisienne - A fortnight is much too long to go without a scone. Much much too long. Fix it.
I have to check out the dress site! I'm not a big Halloween girl but I might just throw a Halloween bash next year to give me a good reason to dress like this...Romance.