Thursday, January 14, 2010

Haiti on my Heart

Usually I strive to put beautiful, uplifting things on Star-Crossed. It's what I like to focus on.

Today, I'm thinking of Haiti. In my prayers last night I was at a complete loss as to how to pray for such a massive tragedy. How will my one, little prayer impact a country devastated? I got a crazy pull to go. I just wanted to go. Give them food, water, a blanket; help one desperate soul...

But I can't. There's no way I can.

So I prayed instead for those who can. I prayed that God would multiply their efforts. That one pair of hands helping there would be exponentially more help than we could imagine.






Pray for Haiti.


photos from: dailymail.co.uk and gnews.com

3 comments:

Lyndee said...

I have a grave feeling about that country and the devestation. I had two Compassion International kids from there when the kids were little. They would be around 30 now. Level Janvier and Emeliane Basil. It adds to the anguish! Prayer is not enough but it is important. Glad you put up the blog Ash.

Sarah said...

This i has been on my mind since it happened. Such horrible tragedy. Praying.

Lori said...

How about a donation to the Red Cross?