Monday, January 25, 2010

Flyboy Bachelor - Episode Four

Question: Would you girls hate me if I stopped watching this miserable excuse for a guilty pleasure? I'm so over this.


Every Monday night I come to the couch and settle in expectantly with a chocolate peanut butter smoothie (I have to share this recipe with you) or cupcake or massive cup of steamy hot chocolate and convince myself that tonight's episode will surely be better than last week's; how can it not be?
And...it never is. It's always worse.


These chicks are miserable. They're not intriguing or winsome or intelligent or anything a desirable woman should be.


The only one I can sorta stomach is Tenley. And then I remember...her name annoys me so I don't like her either.


Vienna is a silly, unsophisticated mess.

Ali is a bossy, control freak disguised as Apple Pie.

Gia is a toddler wannabe with her "carry me through the vineyards" date.

Corey is a wall-flower. (I had to look her up to even remember she is still in the running.)

Tenley is cute, but a little fakey-smile and glassy-eyed. Although, Jake can be that way too, so maybe they're a good fit.

I'm not going to quit watching or blogging about this train-wreck but I have to stop blogging about this tonight. I just hit "play" on my DVR recording of The Barefoot Contessa - watching this in an effort to calm myself before bed time. Ina is so not lame.

7 comments:

Solutions Devine said...

Mrs. B, I am going to have to agree with you. I am not happy about agreeing with you but I do, and I still watch it as well. I feel as though Jake isn't really into anyone. Jake is kindof boring as well. There is no passion or intriguing intense moments that he shares with any of the girls. Which I guess I don't blame him? Until next week.....maybe some type of connection will be produced? ha ha maybe?

Jamie Willow said...

I have to say that I am liking Jake more and more as he cuts through most of the crap. He can't fake interest for anything and that amuses me. The moments he tries he sort of awkward hugs the girl...lol. cracks me up.

I kind of doubt he will end up with a "wife" out of this show but maybe because of it...

Rae Nolt said...

What is wrong with these girls? This is the 1st year I REALLY don't like ANY of them. I blame being pregnant...
I will say that last night was WAY better than last week. But for real, they are just sooooo over the top that I can't handle them. Last night I wanted to write down all their funny/dumb quotes.
Was it because we were use to men with Jill? And they don't act as dumb? Or what? Whatever the case, I'm sad about this season. There is NO Jillian, No Melissa, no one I can say I honestly like. Yuck.

Lyndee said...

I still think Vienna is out front despite the terrible way she is perceived. He does seem to choose her despite the flak but perhaps that is because he won't decide just because someone else told him a bunch of opinions. I like her and could be her friend and laugh my pants on the ground! However hanging with Ali would make anyone in a bad mood and feel like diving off the bus! Ali would make a perfect villain in a movie and she could just be herself! What is up with the "if he could choose her he couldn't possibly be for me!" ??? Tenly is interesting in a mild way and perhaps she will open up more next week. Corey doesn't stir up any thoughts really although she could be a stand-up. Gia??? Nicey Nice gal. Am out for lunch on this one. The only one who has life is Vienna!

* said...

I stopped watching last week! Way to join the group, Mrs B! It is ridic!

Mrs. D said...

I agree Ashley ... It's almost PAINFUL to watch ... The look on the womens faces last night when he gave the rose to Vienna was priceless!!! I just hope things pick up soon because I just can't watch this train wreck much longer ...

Redbird Rachel said...

I've been reading Reality Steve since he exposed the show for what it is (scripted) instead of watching, and he has been spot on with what happens this season. Apparently he has a source on "the inside" and let's you know who Jake picks in the end. He did say ABC is doing a show this summer called Bachelor Pad. Basically, a bunch of former bachelor/ettes put in a house "Big Brother" style. Hmm... that could be interesting or extremely trashy. I'm guessing the latter.