Saturday, January 30, 2010

Floor Plan Saturday ~ 11th Edition


Ladies and Gents, I give you Villa Montana. Another floor plan from thehousedesigners.com.

I'm usually not a big fan of the Spanish style, but this one caught my eye because of its unique entry and interesting nooks.




Stats:

Stories: 2
Total Living Area: 3343 Sq. Ft.
First Floor: 2249 Sq. Ft.
Second Floor: 1094 Sq. Ft.
Bedrooms: 3
Full Baths: 3,
Half Baths: 1




What I want you to see is the Loggia. I looked this word up because I've never heard of it before. It's an Italian design element and it basically means a portico or area open to the elements on one side, with some sort of support beaming, and closed in by an interior space on the other. I really really like it. This is how you enter the house, the living room is on one side - accessible through a series of french doors - and the court yard is on the other side.


Here's a photo of it:


Isn't she lovely?


I also love the grand hall and the dining room overlooking the courtyard. The little wine cellar is a nice touch. The master suite is situated on its own, private little courtyard. The only downside I can see to that is: where would you let the dogs out? Surely you don't want them roughing up your glam front court yard - not to mention the kids.

There is a second master on floor 2 and each bedroom has its own outdoor space. A terrace here, a sun porch there...what's not to love?



Here is a rear photo of the home:

I know. These photos are excruciatingly small. So, if you're really into delving into the home plans, click here for a larger view.

What do you rate this home? I give it a solid 4. There are some quirky elements and...well...it's Spanish and I don't love that. But all in all, it is really pretty fab.

1 comment:

Annie said...

love the french doors. a lot. also not a fan of the spanish style homes so i'd never choose it for my own. definitely seems fit for a couple with no kids (or grown kids)!

3