Tuesday, November 10, 2009

T-Giving Meme

Here I sit with a sick boy and a sick man on my hands. What is it about sick males to drive a woman up a wall?
I am going a little stir-crazy...
Time for a meme!




Where will you be celebrating Thanksgiving this year?
A few places. My parents house and Nashville, TN at my brother & sister-in-law's.

Will you travel to get there?
By car to get to TN. Takes us about 5 hours - a nice little road trip

Are you going to be cooking?
A small amount. I'll be doing some sides and maybe a dessert. I leave the hard stuff (aka. The Bird) up to the more experienced cooks.


Will you have turkey or something else?
C'mon now, is there anything else on Thanksgiving? Gobble, gobble.



Do you ever go out to a restaurant for Thanksgiving dinner?
I think I might cry if I went to a restaurant on Thanksgiving...


Do you eat Thanksgiving dinner earlier, later, or at the same time as you usually eat dinner?
Whenever the "mama" of the house decides. Usually around 2 pm.


Will you go to a church service on Thanksgiving day?
No. We do Sunday & Wednesday church.


Will you, or have you ever, volunteered at a soup kitchen serving Thanksgiving dinner?
I have volunteered for a Thanksgiving-time dinner at a shelter in college. But it wasn't on actual Thanksgiving.




Do you enjoy cranberries?
Yep!

Sweet potato or pumpkin pie?
I'm not a pumpkin pie fan (its the consistency). "Yay" for sweet potatoes.


Do you believe that turkey leftovers are a curse or a blessing?
An absolute blessing! I think I look forward to the leftovers (turkey & cranberry sandwich, anyone?) more than the actual meal!


Which side dish would provoke a riot if you left it off the menu?
Mashed Potatoes.





Do you save the carcass to make soup or stock?
Save the bird, make the soup.


What do you wish you had that would make preparing Thanksgiving dinner easier?
Ina Garten; in my kitchen. (Did you know I like her?)



If you go to somebody else's house, what's your favorite dish to bring?
This yummy, simple Orange Cranberry Cream Cheese dip for crackers. Just a little appetizer.


What do you wish one of your guests wouldn't bring to your house?
Ungrateful attitudes.


What's your absolute favorite thing on the menu?
Probably the cheesy, buttery vegetable casseroles that always come out of my mom's oven.
Next fave? Dessert!
All photos from Martha Stewart.

3 comments:

Laura said...

You've made me very hungry and a little sad... I don't know if we'll have Thanksgiving this year.... :-(

Saundra said...

We'll have T'giving here. My sister and I divide up the cooking. It will be different with my mom just passing in Oct. Nobody makes pumpkin pie like mom, I'll come close but there's something about mom/g'ma's touch, and her crust is unmatchable.
PTL, no classes all week but I have plenty of makeup work to do, so homework, it is.

Sarah said...

You have a ticker! You have a ticker! YEAH!

Loved the photos from MS - love this time of year. Thanks for your comments on my blog. They made me feel better.

And yes, sick boys and men - they are a hard breed to deal with. Hang in there.