Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I Watched.

Stephanie Nielson writer of the popular blog, Nie Nie Dialogues was on Oprah today. She talked about her plane crash and life afterward. So touching. So real. So needed for me right now.

I'm struggling. I'm struggling with staying at home with my kids. I'm struggling with the daily-ness of life. I'm struggling with the intensity of my children's need of me. I'm struggling with the demand of school. My body is making another baby and its tired. My mind is flashing forward to the added responsibility of another child added to the (already chaotic) mix and its scary. My spirit feels neglected and needy because everything seems to come before its well-being.

So yeah, I needed a little bit of a reality check. Nie almost died. She almost left her family, her husband and her beautiful children. She almost wasn't here...

I am here. That should be enough. Oprah said to "Live in the moment" as one of her closing statements in the show today...I'm going to try.

5 comments:

Saundra said...

Ash, it's ok to have those times, we all do. I am right now and I don't have little ones at home, or pregnant. We all have stuff, and it's important to us and to our Lord, He cares. All you have to do is tell Him, He'll listen:) Maybe if we all share our downer day, we can support one another:) Here's mine.....I'm 50 yrs. old and living back with my parents to take care of until they die. I'm taking 4 classes and barely keeping my head above water. I'm fatter than I've ever been in my life and I miss my kids like crazy. I have no life of my own and I'm not getting any younger. People my age are planning retirement, I haven't even started yet. There it is, my pity party....who's next?

Cupcake Mama said...

I first heard of her blog when you posted about it some time ago. I saw the last 20 minutes and thought of you...glad you were able to see it and it was balm for your weary body and soul.

Annie said...

I'm barely keeping my head above water in this house. Just hearing that I'm not alone gives me strength to keep battling through, so thank you! We can do it! I'm also glad to hear that I am not alone with the staying at home thing. I know its a blessing and a good thing, but its very hard too.

Mrs.M said...

I know how you feel. All to well right now. And I'm not even pregnant or in school.

Sarah said...

Man. I could have written this post myself. I so know the tiredness and overwhelmed feeling of being pregnant and trying to run a house full of young children. I agree with the others, turn to the Lord. Find rest and shelter in him. I wish I could come out and give you a weekend to yourself. Sometimes that is all that is needed, just a quick refresher. Praying for you and those babies. This is just a season :) Hugs!!