Saturday, October 3, 2009

Floor-Plan Saturday ~ 8th Edition

Happy Saturday, everyone!


Here's the dream that goes along w/ this home (for me, anyway).
Mr. B. and I are retired. We travel - to China mostly but also take vacations to Greece, the South of France, Paris, New Zealand, Italy...you know, the usual. But we don't need some massive home because we're empty nesters. Did I mention we have a luxe RV that we traipse all over the country visiting our loved-ones in? Yup, there's that too. It's our home away from home.


But home base. Every jet-setter in her twilight of life needs a home base.


It's in South Carolina. In the Charleston area. And here it is:



Stats:
Square Feet: 2010
Bedrooms: 3
Full Baths: 3
Stories: 1 1/2
Fireplace
Front & Rear porches
9 ft ceilings up and down



Main Floor:


In adoration of: The three entrances off the front, covered porch. So very old south.
The detached garage in back.
The nice shape of the kitchen.
The fireplace.
Second Floor:


The laundry room is up here, right off the hallway. So clever.
And the Master Suite and Guest Room are on the same level yet separate. Great for privacy.
I love the size of this house. It has all the little features you might want but its so manageable!
I give it a 5. You?


2 comments:

jek said...

Retired? I would take a serious look at this house now. Though, there isn't a lot of storage on the main level, and closets in a half story are always so deceptive when just look at it two dementionally. If there was a basement, I might like it more, but overall I think it would fit our lifestyle now. (I know, I'm to practical for this dreaming thing.)

Cupcake Mama said...

cute and LOVE the porch too! My grandpa was a builder though and was not fond of 2nd story laundry rooms...you could have a lot of damage rather quickly if a hose broke/malfunctioned.