Saturday, September 19, 2009

Floor-Plan Saturday ~ 7th Edition

The home for this week has me envisioning pumpkins on the porch, glowing windows and hot apple cider simmering on the stove.

Roaring fire? Check. A bowl of candy corn on the coffee table? Check. The laughter of a large family? Check.

Are you with me?





This one is called Appalachian Stream. Good name, right?


Stats:
Bedrooms: 3 actual, 3 possible
Baths: 3 full, 1 half
Floors: 3
Living Area (Sq. Ft.)
First 2222
Second 487
Basement 1541
Total Living Area: 4250 unfinished:520


Main Level:
Pluses: Garage facing away from the front of the home.
Main level master suite.
Washer/Dryer right off the kitchen and an outdoor exit from the laundry room.
Pass-thru fireplace from kitchen to great room.

Minuses: Strange entry way - I like things symmetrical and this one is throwing me off a bit.
Master closet in the front of the home. I don't know why this feels wrong to me.


Second Level:



Just a loft area and full bath. I'm seeing lots of potential here. Kids playroom? Office? Media room? Library? (My favorite is the library.)



Basement Level:



Here are the bedrooms! How do you feel about them being on the lowest level? I sort of love it!
And look at that huge multipurpose area w/ kitchen. Yup, teenagers haven.
I love this plan. Love it, love it. There are a few glitches which is why I'm deducting .5 points from my (oh-so-important) rating.
It gets a 4.5 out of 5 for me.
You?

3 comments:

Lyndee said...

I really like the porches and deck area. The rooms in the basement are okay as the back seems open as if house is built on a slope. Too big and hard to clean but otherwise pretty nice.

Saundra said...

I like it well enough, especially if kids/grandkids are around alot. I could see taking one basement bedroom and making a movie room and adding a small laundry area so you don't go up and down alot. This would be handy also, if you came into the basement from outside after being in the pool and such:) Playroom in the basement so tracking of dirt would stay down there and definitely craftroom in the loft! I give it a 4.5 also.

Lori said...

I kind of like the master closet in front and then the bathrooms and then the master bedroom. Blocks street noise from the master bedroom.

Neat kids bedrooms are in the basement!

And I like the kitchen off of the garage.