Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Making Blueberry Sauce


Remember our trip to the Blueberry patch? And my 12 pound crop?

Here's what I did with a mere 3 cups of the now frozen berries.

BLUEBERRY SAUCE
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp. cornstarch
dash of salt
1/2 cup water
2 cups blueberries
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
Combine sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in water. Add berries. Bring to a boil; simmer until clear and thickened, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat and add lemon juice (opt).
Delicious served on desserts, angel food cake, puddings or warm over ice cream, waffles and pancakes.
If a thicker sauce is desired, add extra cornstarch.


There's my finished product! So yummy and waiting for pancakes & ice cream.

4 comments:

Sweet Portrayal said...

yum! and you even made labels. You are too perfect.

Gary and Elizabeth~ said...

What a delicious treat. I will have to try your recipe. Looks sooooo good!
Take care and enjoy your day,
Elizabeth

Alli said...

mmm!
let's make pancakes for dinner when i come over on thursday!

Anonymous said...

that looks really good, I just made bluberry crumb cake with my berries.....M