Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Spinach Quiche

I'm a bit aghast at myself. I haven't shared this delish recipe on my blog yet. How dare I?!

This is a quiche my mom has always made...since the beginning of time. Eat it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, brunch, snack, appetizer...
You get the idea.

And it has spinach in it, so it's healthy!
Never mind the crescent rolls, cream and cheese. They don't matter.

Mom's Spinach Quiche

8 oz can crescent rolls
4 oz shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 c. flour
1 1/2 c. half and half
10 oz. package of frozen, chopped spinach (drained)
3 eggs (beaten)
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1/8 tsp. nutmeg

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Unroll crescent rolls into 2 long rectangles. Place in ungreased 13x9 pan; press over bottom and half way up the sides to form crust.

In medium bowl, combine cheddar, Parmesan and flour. Add half & half, spinach, eggs, and spices. Mix well. Pour into crust.

Bake at 350 for 45-50 mins.

So yummy served with citrus; orange juice or orange wedges. Or sliced strawberries.

Let me know if you make it! :)


7 comments:

a.m. said...

I am soooo happy that you posted this. It is super delish! Thanks!

Lyndee said...

kiddo, do the kids eat it? Leave the ingredients when you go and I will whip it up for us!
Feeling better tonight. Praise Him and the supplements He let us discover!

The Arnold Family said...

Now that I know this is here, I will most likely be coming back in the future and searching high and low for it. Not now though, I avoid cooking at all costs. :) Can't wait to try it though.

Mrs. B. said...

Yes, Lynda, it's a favorite for all at our house. I'll leave the ingreds. :)

Mrs. D said...

OK, I'm totally going to try this quiche!!! I LOVE SPINACH and this is just right up my alley!!!
Thanks for posting Ashley...I hope when I do make this, it turns out as yummy as that picture looks!

a.m. said...

Delish Ash! I made it tonight for supper...it's baking as we speak.

Rae Nolt said...

Trying it in the AM! Come on over for breakfast! HA! I'll let you know how it is! My husband is sooo excited!