Friday, April 24, 2009

One Word: Curry

My very favorite spice is yellow curry. It is warm and calm and kinda sweet. It is perfect.

Curry, Garlic and Ginger. My top three flavors. Together, they're heaven.

What is your favorite spice/flavor?


Tonight's dinner was Vegetable Curry Quinoa. Please try this sometime. Please, please, please. :)

Here's what I did:

The two major ingredients are quinoa (a grain) and yellow curry sauce both from Trader Joe's. I would put this curry sauce on anything...ice cream even. It's that good. Mmmmm...



Cook the quinoa as the box directs. (I boiled mine in chicken broth instead of water to give it more flavor.)
Saute vegetables of your choice in olive oil, minced garlic and fresh, grated ginger. I used asparagus, red & yellow peppers, peas and green onions. I also threw in some cashews. Oh baby.
Once the veggies are tender, add in a bunch of the curry sauce and bring it to a simmer.
When it's nice and bubbly and smells like a dream, stir in the quinoa and top with whatever meat/seafood you desire. Chicken, shrimp or beef would be lovely in it. I used tilapia because I'm still on my semi-vegetarian kick and I eat fish at this stage.
Put it all on a bright serving platter and chop some cilantro over the top.
Beautiful.
Want proof?

Bon Appetit!

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

Thanks for that recipe! I have a bag of quinoa sitting in my cabinet, waiting for a recipe. And, I have yellow curry! Hooray.

StephG said...

I love how he's shirtless!!! So cute & easy clean up...lol...
I think I'll add that to next weeks menu! It sounds delicious!!

Kim said...

Looks delicious! Your kids eat with their shirts off too? It just makes sense - chests are much easier to clean (just wipe off) than bibs, right?

Alicia Marie said...

I made this last night... well a version of it. Amazing!!! Thanks for the idea. I had never worked with quinoa before and the tj's curry sauce was to die for! Thanks, the hubs loved it!