Saturday, March 28, 2009

Come on Pretty Mama...

Quirky Fact: Kokomo by the Beach Boys has always been my favorite song. And while other songs fade in and out of my "faves list", this one has always remained.

Mr. B. knows this. Knew this before we got married and promised to take me to each of the destinations mentioned in the famed song (just one of the things that made me fall hard in love with him).

I believe lyrics are in order:





Aruba, Jamaica, ooh I wanna take ya
Bermuda, Bahama, come on pretty mama
Key Largo, Montego, baby why don't we go, Jamaica
Off the
Florida Keys there's a place called Kokomo
That's where you wanna go to get away from it all
Bodies in the sand, tropical drink melting in your hand
We'll be falling in love to the rhythm of a steel drum band
Down in Kokomo
Aruba, Jamaica, ooh I wanna take you to
Bermuda, Bahama, come on pretty mama
Key Largo, Montego, baby why don't we go
Ooh I wanna take you down to Kokomo,
we'll get there fast and then we'll take it slow
That's where we wanna go, way down in Kokomo.
Martinique, that Montserrat mystique...
We'll put out to sea and we'll perfect our chemistry
By and by we'll defy a little bit of gravity
Afternoon delight, cocktails and moonlit nights
That dreamy look in your eye, give me a tropical contact high
Way down in Kokomo
Aruba, Jamaica, ooh I wanna take you to
Bermuda, Bahama, come on pretty mama
Key Largo Montego, baby why don't we go
Ooh I wanna take you down to Kokomo,
we'll get there fast and then we'll take it slow
That's where we wanna go, way down in Kokomo.
Port au Prince, I wanna catch a glimpse...
Did ya catch that? We've got:
Kokomo
Aruba
Jamaica
Bermuda
Bahamas
Key Largo (Florida Keys)
Montego Bay (Jamaica)
Port au Prince (Haiti)
Montserrat (Carribean Island)
Martinique (Carribean Island)
In our nearly six years of marriage we've hit three of these spots.
Key Largo for our honeymoon.
The Bahamas for a four day vacation in 2006.
Kokomo multiple times in 2005-2006. Kokomo isn't actually a place. Did you know that? At least we can't find it on a map anywhere.
But there is a place in Minnesota (the Mall of America, to be exact), a fun little restaurant bedecked in tropical decor serving fabulous, fruity food.
It's called Kokomo.
We ate there lots, so we marked it off our list. :)
Next up?

I know, right?! I am waaaay too excited. We found a fabulous all inclusive deal at a wonderful resort in Montego Bay - this means we can mark two spots off our list. Mr. B. has made me a happy woman. And you know, when Mama's happy, everyone's happy. :)

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Oooooooo how exciting! I wish we could go somewhere! Maybe when all the babies are done coming :) When is the trip?

Maegan said...

How exciting!!! I am officially jealous!

nathan.kemper said...

If Ira wants, I'll give him a list of soccer stadiums I'd like to see a game in (mostly in European countries) and he can start taking me to them...

Laura said...

YAY! That is sooooo fun. And...I always think of you when I hear Kokomo. Fun times with song. hehe

Rachel D. said...

There is a Kokomo in Indiana. You could drive there. When is the trip to Reggae-land?

Joseph said...

Hi,

We have just added your latest post "Come on Pretty Mama" to our Directory of Honeymoon Travels and Locations. You can check the inclusion of the post here . We are delighted to invite you to submit all your future posts to the directory for getting a huge base of visitors to your website and gaining a valuable backlink to your site.


Warm Regards

honeymun.com Team

http://www.honeymun.com