Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Tentative

This is not turning into a potty training blog...I promise. (Although that might be quite riveting reading in contrast to what is usually written here...)

Both children requested to use the potty today (while wearing diapers) and proceeded to GO PEE while sitting on the potty!!!!!!!! I do not like excessive use of "!" but it is acceptable in this instance.

Never mind that Beck missed and actually did his duty all over the floor. Never mind that, because my boy got the "pee premonition," told me and DID IT!!!!!!! After Beck did it and enjoyed the sticker on the chart, use of the special after-potty-soap, a potty dance courtesy of Mama and some Twizzlers Nibs as a reward; Evie decided she wanted all of those things too so plopped her little rear down and made quite a lovely contribution.

My joy is full. But I tread lightly.

Children like to do this sort of thing. Make giant leaps and then retreat back to newborn status.

We shall see...

In other news, here is a photo of Mr. B. and the cuties doing a Winter Craft last week. Quite a handsome paper snowman graces our family room window now.


5 comments:

[not the] Best Blog Ever said...

Congrats!! BTW, I'm taking notes for - oh - about 3 years in my future! :)

Jamie Willow said...

nice! this will all be a memory soon :)

Annie said...

have you tried the 3-day potty training magic book? not that i have tried it, but i already am thinking about trying it when i put lacey on the potty. constantly.

StephG said...

Just so you know...

We've been diaperless for 2 1/2 hours...we've been trying every 15 to 20 minutes for the entire time...we've got nothing but a grumpy boy...the joy of potty training...

Just had to share my fun times with you and tell you you're not alone :D

StephG said...

...and just as I hit "publish" Caleb comes running out saying, "I did it...come here!!!"

and boy did he do it!!

Yay for potty training!!!!