Friday, March 7, 2008

You Cannot Lose My Love

I had the privilege of singing and playing for my MOPS group this morning. It's been awhile since I've been able to consistently minister with music and it was nerve-wracking but fun!

I think I've talked about the music of Sara Groves before. She is an exceptional song-writer. Her music is so real and fluid at the same time. Love her.

These are the lyrics to the song I sang for the group of mothers. It talks about the love a mother has for her child...and the love God has for his children. Us!


You Cannot Lose My Love

You will lose your baby teeth.
At times, you'll lose your faith in me.
You will lose a lot of things,
But you cannot lose my love.

You may lose your appetite,
Your guiding sense of wrong and right.
You may lose your will to fight,
But you cannot lose my love.


You will lose your confidence.
In times of trial, your common sense.
You may lose your innocence,
But you cannot lose my love.


Many things can be misplaced;
Your very memories be erased.
No matter what the time or space,
You cannot lose my love.
You cannot lose,
You cannot lose,
You cannot lose my love.

Know this truth and be blessed!

2 comments:

sofistikated1 said...

And you did a wonderful job! I'm so glad I was able to be there :o)

Sarah said...

I love this song from Sara - one of my many favorites!