Friday, March 14, 2008

Spring Salad

This is one of those essential warm weather recipes that I love to make on and off all Spring & Summer. Every other week you can find a huge bowl of this salad in my fridge. I'm the only one who likes it here - Mr. B. is sort of afraid of it - so I get the decadent honor of dipping my fork in the serving bowl and eating straight from it. Divine!


Oriental Salad
Dressing:
1/4 c. olive oil
2 T. sugar
1-2 T. vinegar
2 t. soy sauce
1 flavor packet in chicken Ramen noodles
Mix it all up until Ramen flavoring is dissolved.
Salad:
1/2 c. slivered almonds
3 c. packaged coleslaw cabbage
3 c. packaged shredded broccoli & carrot mixture (found next to coleslaw in produce section)
1 package of Ramen noddles - uncooked
Toss ingredients together. Crumble Ramen noodles on top.
Add dressing and toss.
Devour in a very unladylike fashion.
These measurements are approximate. Some people like more dry or wet salad so tailor it to your taste.

5 comments:

Sandy said...

MMm I love that salad. I'm not crazy about leftovers though, when it gets soggy. Ya know? :)
Happy Saturday!

Mrs. B. said...

I know what you mean about the sogginess! Blech!
I've taken to making the dressing and assembling the salad, keeping them in seperate containers and tossing it as I eat it. ;)

Alli said...

i love this salad too...i think it's a turner girls thing!!

i want to eat it with you :(
i love & miss you very much...

love,
sis

Mrs. W said...

i love adding water chesnuts and chicken to this salad! it's delcious!

Bump Fairy said...

Dang it. tried this recipe a week ago.

I'm on my second batch now.

;)