Thursday, February 28, 2008

It's Mine Again

We've officially weaned from Breastfeeding. Evie and I made it 14 months...we're a pretty good team!

Nursing my precious babies has been such a privilege. What a bond we formed through that intimate act. And there's nothing better than knowing you gave your wee one the best start possible.

But, oh, it feels so good to have my body as my own again! I have had a child in mind when making decisions about my body since January of 2005. I'm ready to be my own woman!

3 comments:

The Arnold Family said...

Uuuuggghhhh me too. I have had to watch my body since...urgh lets not go there. Sorry, all this coming after a night being up multiple times feeding. Maybe she's going through a growth spurt.

Cara V. said...

Congrats Ashley! Kaitlyn and I made it 14 months as well, and she weaned herself at that point. I feel kind of sad about it.. I wasn't ready to let go of our special time together! But way to go on the accomplishment!

Mother Ring said...

Congrats on weaning! It feels nice to have your boobies back, huh?