Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Over The River and Through The Woods...

Bedecked for Christmas.




When I think of my Grandma's house, "Over the river and through the woods" is the song that comes to mind. Grandma & Grandpa live on this dreamy lot of about 40 acres and when you turn on to their private drive you literally drive over a little creek and through a wooded patch before you hit the house. It's perfect!


So perfect, in fact, that one of my cousins has deemed it "Narnia" and Grandpa carved a quaint little sign to hang on his lamppost that bears the name. Can it get any more fairy-tale?! I wish I had thought to take a picture of the Narnia sign. Maybe next time.





But here are some other photos of the house. I am convinced that Grandma should have been an interior decorator. She's just got "the touch."




The pretty little 4 season porch that lines the front.
Black and white with fish all over. :)

The front hall with the ancient piano.
Many granddaughters have made music on that piano.



Window seat. Grandmas isn't complete without a porch swing and window seat.

Lovely guest bedroom.

The guest bath is my favorite room in the house.
Isn't it just lavish?

Take a seat by the fire...

Grandpa custom-made this beautiful built-in.
See the collection Gram has of iron statues and her egg collection?
Lots of good memories playing with those eggs when I was a little girl.

I know the pictures are a bit blurry but I did the best I could with my stinky little camera. I think you get the idea. Gorgeosity!

5 comments:

Beth said...

Looks wonderful. Thx for sharing the sights with us, your reading public.

Enjoy it while you can... Sorry for that dire thought; it's just that this week my grandparents announced they are selling the farm that was started by our family over 120 years ago. I also happened to grow up on the farm. So, it's sad, but we will always have the memories! (Sorry if this is TMI! :)

Bethany Patrice said...

this house looks perfect for a holiday card! I hope you enjoyed time with your family too! Erik just talked to your dad the other day, and he was happy to finally touch base with him. Anyways, I also love to read (when I have time), and I am going to follow some of your suggestions listed on your other blog site. Right now I am reading an auto biography of former Attorney General John Ashcroft. It's very interesting, but I'm looking forward to getting back to fiction! :)

The Arnold Family said...

The pictures look lovely. I love that bathroom!

Lyndee said...

I remember going to my gramma's house in LaValle when I was a tiny thing and ever since. That time is gone now but I rejoice that you have also many good memories. Mine were stolen for awhile but they will return as I get farther from the pain.

Sandy said...

Happy New Year, Mrs. B!
I love your grannie's photos. I usually love color on the walls, etc. but I love all of her "white."
Beautiful.
I hope you complete your 5k!
Go girl!!!
Love, Sandy