Friday, January 4, 2008

My Word

What is your word for 2008?
I found a blog in which the writer encourages readers to choose a word to strive for in the new year. {a} is the blog, go check it out and then let me know what your word is.

My word? Beauty.


This isn't about how great (or un-great) my hair looks, my developing saddle-bags (thank you, pregnancy), or finding new clothes. It's about my insides. It's about containing so much inner beauty that it overflows and I add to the beauty around me.

Sara Groves gave me this idea in one of her eloquent songs:




ADD TO THE BEAUTY

We come with beautiful secrets
We come with purposes written on our hearts,
written on our souls.

We come to every new morning
With possibilities only we can hold.
Redemption comes in strange places,
small spaces
Calling out the best of who we are.
And I want to add to the beauty
To tell a better story
I want to shine with the light
That's burning up inside.
It comes in small inspirations
It brings redemption to life and work.

It comes in loving community
It comes in helping a soul find it's worth.

Redemption comes in strange places, small spaces
Calling out the best of who we are.
And I want to add to the beauty
To tell a better story
I want to shine with the light
That's burning up inside.
This is grace,
an invitation to be beautiful.


3 comments:

alli said...

you're the greatest older sister...you make me think, contemplate, dream, & give me more to love.


love you.

Lyndee said...

My word is:

GRACE
Thank you for the spur!

Lyndee said...

alli - tell us your word when you get it!