Thursday, January 17, 2008

Maybe I'll Just Make A Trifle...

Mr. B. : January Work-A-Holic Syndrome
Mrs. B. : Desperate (Sick) Housewife
Beck: Double Ear-Infection & Sore Big Toe (don't ask...)
Evie: Rattle Chest, Faucet Nose, Whiney Little Bratitis

Instead of all this, I will post about a dearly delicious dessert that I adore. Maybe it will make the above go away...then again...probably not.



Cherry Trifle


1 box yellow cake mix
1 large box instant vanilla pudding
1 can crushed pineapple
1 can cherry pie filling
1 large tub cool whip (I like to whip my own heavy whipping cream instead of cool whip)
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup coconut
Prepare cake mix as directed on the box. Let cake completely cool. Cut cake into small squares (or crumble).
Prepare pudding mix as indicated on box.
Layer in a punch bowl:
1/2 cake
1/2 pudding
1/2 pineapple
1/2 cherry filling
1/2 whipped cream
1/2 pecans
1/2 coconut
~Repeat layering~
Chill for a few hours or overnight. Serves 18-20 (or just you and your best girlfriend...ha!)
You kinda can't mess up a trifle. Just pile it all up and DIG IN!
(I've also made this with brownies, chocolate mousse, whipped cream, pecans, and Heath bars. Sooooo decadent!)
But really, posting this recipe didn't make the kids or myself feel much better, so please pray for us.

4 comments:

Beth said...

FRIEND: I just stopped what I was doing and said a prayer for you and your little not-feeling-well family. Know that you are never alone. HE is your rock and strength, especially in times when you feel you have no strength of your own.

[stepping out of pulpit now] :)

I must say every recipe you post looks so delightful! I will have to try both versions of your trifle sometime soon. (Hee - and it made me think of when Rachel on Friends tried to make a trifle but used beef...) :)

Ms. Wobbly Bits said...

Girl, I feel ya. My husband, one year old and I have been sick the whole week. I feel for you for having one more kid to drain the energy out of you. These are the days I wish we had mommy sick days and have magical nanny faries come take care of it all!

The Arnold Family said...

Mmm that looks yummy.Sickness is no fun. Praying you all a speedy recovery.

Lyndee said...

I am praying for you! Just saw this post and realized you are sick too. Blah! Later I will blog about my week and you will feel for me...