Saturday, December 8, 2007

Old Towne


A photographer I am not but I've tried to take some pretty ones in effort to share tonight's completely divine outing. My friend, Mrs. D., has been waiting patiently for our mutual schedules to open up so she could take me shopping on Main Street for my first time.




Christmas is the best time to go because of the gorgeous holiday decorations and carolers.

This jolly band was singing to us around the fire.



Of course we found ourselves in the sweet shoppe. I came away with fudge, chocolate covered berries, pralines and turtles to share.

The picture above was taken in our favorite store. The two of us took a vote and it was hands-down the very best! It was brimming with glitter, bells and wonderful smelling things. I came away with a tree-topper and this sweet little mistletoe wreath. Mrs. D. (the self-controlled girl she is) came away with only a nice little wish list to give to her hubby. :)


A satisfying cup of soup and a salad was for dinner at a warm, dim pub. And, of course, the night was not complete until we "popped" into a multi-leveled book shop and stayed for much longer than expected. The children's books were the main attraction and I made sure to browse a section devoted to Tasha Tudor.

Thank you so much, friend, for showing me a great time meant only for mommies without their children!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would you please take me here/there???looks great, can't wait! love mom

Lori B said...

Isn't that a great place? David and I have gone there every Christmas season for the past three years. We spend an entire Saturday there, window shopping, take a carriage ride, and then have an extravagant dinner! I am glad you have a great time! ~Lori

Lyndee said...

What a delight! Wish I had a time away into a wonderland like that soon! Maybe when I go to MPLS Jams and I can go somewhere fun and relaxing...