Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Dear Evangeline,

We have just celebrated your 1st birthday, little one. Sometimes it amazes mommy how fast things seem to go!
On the day you were born I was enamoured with the beauty of your face. The perfect nose, pouted lips and sleepy eyes. Today, I am enamoured with your beauty of spirit as well. That, my girl, is true beauty.
You are vibrant and observant. You light up our days with the sparkle in your big blue eyes. But that sparkle is reserved for only the closest to your heart. Every one else receives a wary stare until they prove their worth to you.
There is a poem that reminds me of you: "There was a little girl who had a little curl right in the middle of her forehead. When she was good, she was very good. And when she was bad, she was horrid!" You don't have a curl but you do have a cowlick (just like mommy!) so that will have to do.
You love to dance, twirl and clap to music of any kind. Kissing your baby dolls is your favorite past time - right after kissing mommy and daddy.
For such a small girl you sure do know how to eat! You gobble up almost anything we put in front of you. But your favorites are scrambled eggs, macaroni and cheese and pizza.
Mommy has so many dreams for you and for the two of us together. But my prayer for you is that you have a soft heart before your God, a gentle spirit and a fierce drive for purity and good.
Evangeline Faith, you are a joy and I am looking forward to another precious year with you.
~Mommy



"I want my daughters to be beautiful, accomplished, and good; to be admired, loved, and respected; to have a happy youth, to be well and wisely married, and to lead useful, pleasant lives, with as little care and sorrow to try them as God sees fit to send."
~"Marmee" from Little Women by Louisa May Alcott

1 comment:

Lyndee said...

You are such a good mama! Thanks for loving your precious daughter so much. I hear the pride and love in Ira's voice and comments when we talk. (His little girl is a corker!) I only wish I could see you all more often...but God has His plan and I need to rest in it even as my heart longs for times with those I love.