Friday, December 14, 2007

Biscotti

I made biscotti all morning yesterday (again, Italian). They turned out pretty good for my first time.

There were Chocolate Mint & Almond Orange Biscotti. I think the Almond turned out best.

Here is the "log step" in the process:

And here is the finished product!
With a little bittersweet chocolate and sliced almonds on top all I can say is...yummm.

Paired with a cup of hot cocoa topped with homemade whipped cream, it's perfection!
Did you know that "biscotti" means twice baked in Italian? I just learned it and had to pass the info on to you.

3 comments:

Jamie Willow said...

sheila swanson made these for our cookie exchange and apparently made them to thick so her husband took them out to his work shop and used a buzz saw to cut them in half. way to get yours perfect on the first try and with no power tools!

Rachel said...

Yeah, you really need to go to Italy! I would make a fun companion ;-)

Sandy said...

Can I come over???
(No, I did not know biscotti meant that!)