Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thanks and Giving

We had a full, tiring, wonderful holiday.

Mrs. B., Beck and Mr. B. enjoying turkey & trimmings in Wisconsin.

Our 2 day pit stop at my parents house was spent in the comfortable house. We laughed, played monopoly, ate mama's cookin' and rarely ventured from the warmth of home. The only times we actually did go forth was to visit the nearest Starbucks, hit the Bath & Body Works holiday sale and get some Chicago style pizza at Giordano's.

Monopoly. Alli won every time.


Mr. B. hit the jackpot when my parents presented him with a gift that has been a long time in coming. A gun! Now, I don't know anything about guns so that is all the information you get. Oh yes, and a picture:

Mr. B. and my dad comparing their guns.

Early Thursday morning we jumped in the borrowed mini-van and drove yet further north to Wisconsin to spend the weekend with Mr. B's family and friends.

Mama B. made a great traditional Thanksgiving feast. All in all we had about 20 in attendance and everyone was full at the end. Feeding that many is a feat in itself! Thank you, Mama B!

Beck and his cousin, the vivacious Eliana.

Black Friday dawned much too early. I, the ever ardent shopper, still managed to be out the door before 8 am even after a miserable night of Evie crying loud enough to wake the entire hotel. Mama B, my delightful sister-in-law and I found ourselves shopping with some of the most determined (if not grumpy) people in Wisconsin that morning. We ended our morning with breakfast at Perkins and headed back to our beds for naps.



Saturday found me with a strange 24 hour flu. I had cold symptoms as well as some ungracious stomach afflictions. I stayed in the dark hotel room while Mr. B. took the kids to visit great grandma's farm. I hear their day was spent well with long naps in great grandma's beds, french toast and target practice (for Mr. B. only!) with the new gun. I spent my day watching the Food Network, HGTV, reading this book and sleeping. Not really a bad way to spend your day (minus the sick).

Mrs. B. and sister.


Our annual birthday tradition is to eat a late breakfast at Cracker Barrel. That celebration was on Sunday morning in honor of Uncle Mike's birthday, mine and Evie's.

The drive home was unbearably long. Seven hours in the car with toddlers is not a recipe for relaxation. But, we made it. Rolling in late Sunday night.

Do you ever feel like you need a vacation right after your vacation? That's how I feel. I just want to crawl in bed and sleep for a day or two.


Thankful For

The health of myself and family

God's grace

Answered prayers

Laughter

Good food

No comments: